For this week’s 5a7 Symposium Thorsten Busch will be hosting a discussion on ethics and games. As per usual it’s BYOB.
Where: Technoculture, Art, and Games (TAG)/Hex Game Lab, EV 11.425, Corner of Guy and St. Catherine O.
When: Wednesday, November 7, 5pm-7pm
Who: Anyone is welcome, please feel free to bring friends or colleagues who might be interested.
What: Interactive discussion on games and ethics led by Thorsten Busch.
The discussion will be focussed on the following 5 questions.
1. Is there such a thing as moral choice in video games?
2. What are the top 10 most interesting games from an ethical point of view? (In terms of both interesting to play and interesting to study.)
3. When it comes to moral issues in games, is there a trade-off betweent player choice and interesting storytelling?
4. What could a good analytical/comparative framework for describing moral issues in video games look like?
5. What are the most prominent business ethics issues in the games industry?
If we’re lucky we’ll get past question 1. See you there!