This hackathon is all about games for social change, and is a unique opportunity for members of the Montréal games community, and international development community to collaborate on how games can create awareness, drive action and provide solutions to social, humanitarian and development challenges. Our mission is to make the world a better place through a global community of innovation developing practical open technology.
This event was part of RHoK Global June 2012.
RHoK believes that:
- Technology innovations can have significant impact on social development, especially when focused on solving practical problems.
- Open source is well suited in social development because it gives people the freedom to learn, use, improve and share technology.
- Open source provides a basic framework for individuals and organizations to collaborate in developing technology solutions for social development.
- Open source supports economic development through small business creation, employment and trade.
- Open data can inform decision making, accelerate innovation, and support accountability.