The GAMERella Game Award is sponsored by Dr. Kishonna L. Gray and the Technoculture, Art and Games (TAG) Research Centre.
If your team participated in GAMERella 2020 and at least one of you identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Colour, your team is eligible to apply for the GAMERella Game Award. The winning team will be awarded $1000 to continue working on their game, and a mentorship with Pippin Barr, game designer and Assistant Professor in the Department of Design and Computation Arts at Concordia University. The team will continue working on their jam game and ultimately present it at TAG in the spring of 2021. The money can be used for paying yourselves a little salary, as submission fees to a festival, hundreds of cups of coffee, or anything else you might need.
The winning team will be selected by a jury consisting of:
You can apply by sending a PDF to email@example.com including the following elements:
- a link to your itch.io submission page
- short bios from each of your team members
- short description of your game
- a maximum 1 page plan focused on your future plans for your game and how you think this money could help you get there, as well as your more general game making dreams!
Apply by 11:59pm, December 6, 2020.
- Participated in GAMERella 2020 and submitted a game at the end
- Your team has at least one member identifying as BIPOC (who was registered at the jam)
- You have plans to continue working on your game
- Located anywhere in the world